Thursday, April 16, 2009

Partner/Banker Negative Energy

Let's start with what not to do, when your partner/banker is flooding your space with negative energy. I heard this story about my Grandfather from a family member. At one time my Grandfather had opened a grocery store in a small town. I guess he borrowed some money from the bank to get it done. One day the banker came in and was giving him a lot of grief because he was behind on his loan payments. At some point Grandpa got fed up and threw the keys to the store to him. He told the banker if he was so damn smart why didn't he go ahead run it himself. Then he walked out. Now, as much as you might want to do this - don't. Grandpa sure gets points from me for that one though.
When I have a negative banker/partner I try to limit contact with them as much as possible to reduce their impact on my Psyche. When I do have to meet with them I try to prepare. I want to flood them with as much positive information as I can. Of course, I listen to what they have to say, but still I won't allow the general negativity to get into my head. If they're talking about all the things that could go wrong, I'm talking about all the things we can do to avoid that outcome. Never let them drag you into that negative thought, the outcome would be bad for both of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment