Friday, April 10, 2009

Recession - Another Perspective

Lately, when people ask me about my business and I talk to them about how well it's doing, they'll usually remind me in one way or another that there's a recession going on. It's like they're reminding me that my industry is not recession proof. Guess what, I already new that. I look at recession a little differently. I figure all of my competitors have been warned by someone they know and respect that the recession is going to hurt their business. That's where I come in. A recession is a perfect time to set a plan in place to take your competitors market share. If your plan is successful your sales can increase in a recession, while your competitors sales decrease. The great thing - they won't even fight to get their business back because they can blame their loss on the recession. They believe that a loss of sales is perfectly justifiable and acceptable, because we're in a recession. It's fantastic! I'm sitting here thinking if I take x dollars a day from each of my competitors that my sales will go up by 20 times x daily. If we weren't in a recession they'd fight me for it tooth and nail. Since we're in a recession, and they don't know it's me that's taking their sales, they give it up willingly because there's a recession going on. It's so easy to prey on people's negativity. Real world, my sales were up 53.6% over last year in the first quarter. Personally, I always try not to panic. Come up with the appropriate strategy and you may find that recessions do have some advantages. I'm not sure how long this recession is going to last, but don't tell me that I won't be the last man standing. That I won't buy. There are still a lot of sales out there, go get ya some.

No comments:

Post a Comment